Sunday, June 28, 2009

Seascape Follow Up

The weird, tortured saga of the Seascape continues. I wrote about it here and here and even here around the time the place was featured on Kitchen Nightmares.

Something like the day after the Kitchen Nightmares episode, the place changed names to The Coast. Now it's a J&R's Steakhouse--a local chain of steak houses.


I don't think it's open yet. Looks like construction/renovation is still going on.


People who ate at the Seascape years ago, when fat boy's dad was running the place, said it was fancy dancy and a happenin' spot. If that's true, it's a shame the place has gone south the way it has.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing someone's review of this place. I remember it as the Seascape. Years ago it was pretty good food, but towards the end it seemed overpriced and had the sort of grubby cheap feel that I associate with old Arthur Treacher's and nautical-themed mall food courts that waited 2 decades to update their original 1979 decor. The next incarnations (I believe there were 2, right? I forget the other one besides Coastal) were disappointing and expensive. Ironically, the location is one of two or three restaurants for between Sayville and Babylon that actually is ON the water. Granted, it's a view of a bilge-dump canal, but beggars can't be choosers. And I don't always want to have to drive to Patchogue to see waves lapping at the shore while I'm carving up a tasty slab of meat.
I've seen some long lines for the J&R and found my experience at the other one in Stonybrook to be fairly good. So,I look forward to hearing what people think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home