Monday, November 19, 2007

Updates

Wow, has it been over a month? I only write posts when I find a few minutes here and there at work, and my boss has been cracking the whip lately.

Anyway, a few updates. OK, so, I missed Restaurant Week. Or at least reporting about it. Actually, last week, the lovely Vixen at East End Eats gave me a heads up about Louis XVI extending the $22 deal, so the wife and I did make it out there last Thursday for a cheap-ish dinner. We had a glass of wine each, so it came to $83 after tax and tip.

The Seascape: someone told me that the day after the Seascape episode on Kitchen Nightmares, the restaurant changed names. I didn't get out that way until a couple weeks after that. So, I don't know when it changed names, but it has. It is now "The Coast", and there is a lovely el cheap-o banner declaring this, draped over the old sign. I don't think the place is currently open.

Side note: the former Seascape is across the street from one of the nicer McDonald's on the island. The wife and I first went there probably 7 or 8 years ago. It's right on the water, and we would buy extra fries and throw them to the ducks and seagulls that hung out there. One time we saw some sort of weird ass, alien, duck-chicken-iguana thing. I don't know what happened to it. It's probably what they make the Chicken McNuggets out of, and one got away. I wonder if Gordon ever made his way across the street for some lunch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home