Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rotisserie Chicken Update: Las Brasas


Was able to try the chicken at Las Brasas as recommended by reader No Nice Time. Las Brasas is in Bay Shore, in a strip mall just off that hideous service road for Sunrise Highway (south side), a little east of the South Shore Mall.

We didn't get a full meal. The wife was having something else, so I just grabbed take out of the whole rotisserie chicken, which comes with a huge mound of French fries (like about everything else on the menu) and a salad.

I'm glad I tried it, but it's not my favorite. I will give it this: it's different. I liked the char on the skin, but the main flavor you pick up is cumin, which I hate. It could also use more salt. The dish came with three dipping sauces, which we assumed were for the chicken--olive, mustard, and a spicy aioli. They worked well with the cumin...but still not a cumin fan.

After tax the dish was $19.54.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cumin, hate salt, so it sounds like a good bet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home