Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Horseman Restaurant


Should have posted about this a while ago, but what can I tell you? Just before Halloween last fall we took the kiddies up to Sleepy Hollow to give them the full Halloween experience. Or at least that was the plan. I'm pretty sure they didn't care too much.

So we went up there, bought some crap in the gift shop at the Philipsburg Manor thing, walked around the cemetery at the Old Dutch Church for a while, then headed back into town for lunch. As we were driving we saw The Horseman restaurant and decided to stop. It's on the main street there (North Broadway).

Come on. Something called The Horseman? In Sleepy Hollow? Yes, it's gimmicky to attract loser tourists like me, but I'm a sucker for something like that. I have to stop at a place called The Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. I have to. Some things in life cannot be avoided.

The place is just a diner, but the food wasn't bad. We got "the Horseman Appetizer" (I told you I'm a sucker), which is cheese sticks, a potato skin, chicken tenders, and chicken wings. The wife had a chicken souvlaki wrap, and I had a hamburger with cheese, mushrooms, bacon, and onions. The kids had pizza. After tax and tip it was around $50. Not horrible.

It was a good time. Halloween. Headless horsemen. Sleepy Hollow. I love that shit. I love all that ghost shit. The reason is I'm not sure there's anything beyond this life, and I want to know if there is. So I watch all those ghost hunting shows, read stuff on the internet, the whole thing. Can't get enough of it. But that's for another time.

276 N Broadway
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home