Friday, June 13, 2008

Alpine Bakery



The wife's family has been going to this place for years, probably 25 years. It's located in the same strip mall as Uncle Giuseppe's (the subject that has probably brought the most people to the site, for some reason) and Aegean II.

We were just in there yesterday. The wife's fam always gets pastries (besides a cake) for birthdays and crap like that. The bakery has a lot of different pastries and cookies, cheesecake, and regular cakes. The website goes into more detail.

I'm not the biggest pastry guy around, but my fav's are the cream puffs, cannoli, and something they call "lace horns." These look like cannoli but have a sweet, nutty shell (let's call it) and are filled with a dense, whipped cream (or something). You can't go wrong with anything there.

I'm convinced the owners or managers are old, filthy pervs. There always seem to be at least a couple of young, attractive girls working there. Not that I'm complaining. I'm cheering on those old, horny bastards.

Alpine Bakery
59 Route 111
Smithtown, NY 11787

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a place for you...Cafe Buenos Aires..absolutely INCREDIBLE food and I am as persnickity as you when it comes to my eats. It's in Huntington on Wall Street..check it out and I would love to read your review on it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

Huntington? Oh, God. I like that area, but there is no easy way to Huntington from where I live. It's always a pain in the arse to get there. And even driving around there. But next time I'm in the area I'll try to check it out.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This bakery provides pasteries for CARNAVALLE in Port Jefferson, on 347.

EXCELLENT canole cake and Lobster claws !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home