Thursday, June 05, 2008

Pizza Review: Aegean

Aegean finished #10 in the Newsday best pizza poll a couple years ago (behind Aegean 2 at #7, which makes no sense to me). Tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago.

It's on the smaller side for New York pizzas. It has a thick, soft, chewy crust, which is unusual since most New York pizzas are essentially Neapolitan--i.e. thin crust. Lots of cheese with a pleasant saltiness and hints of oregano. The sauce was fresh and light.

The place is located in the Sunvet Mall. And I mean "in" the mall. You have to go inside the mall (next to the Path Mark) to get there, as I found out on a rainy Sunday afternoon. So that kind of sucks.

Regular Pizza $12.25
4 out of 5 stars

Aegean
5801 Sunrise Hwy
Holbrook, NY
(631) 567-6066

2 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really fun to browse for different recipes, I am learning a lot and also thanks for sharing your ideas because at the same time I am also trying my best to learn how to prepare (decent meals :-) Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

THE BEST pizza I have ever had in my life, was from an average store front pizzeria in BENSONHURST...a square pie with a LOAD of butter in the crust !

It was HEAVEN !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home