Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bobby's Burger Palace

So if anyone has been waiting for my comments on this (though I can't imagine there is anyone), here it is. Yes, I was aware of it. But this is the first chance I've had to say anything.

So Bobby Flay has opened a burger place, Bobby's Burger Palace, at the Smithaven Mall. And that's kind of cool, huh? Big celeb chef, burger joint in Suffolk County?

God knows I likes my burgers. So I'll try the place soon. Though when the wife and I are in the area she only cares about the Cheesecake Factory or the California Pizza Kitchen. Yawn.

One thing of interest. Flay is using 80% lean beef. Holy shnit! I know you need some fat for flavor and so that the burgers stay together, but 20%? I guess he knows what he's doing.

I was around there last Friday, but at John Harvard's, with a buddy, trying their hideous beer tasting thing. The only food we had was nachos--no protein of any kind in them, like chicken or beef, BTW.

The Newsday article shows Flay's giant Irish head in your face:

Better than his giant man boobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home