Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What she said

Geez, I take a picture of some chives, and I get more hits than since my Uncle Giuseppe post. BTW, yes, people do email me events they are putting on, or shops they want to advertise. I do see this stuff, but don't always post about it because I'm pretty lazy about checking email, and by the time I do check it, the time has passed or whatever.

But since I'm on the ball today, here's a comment from the chives post about an upcoming bake sale. And I'm not posting it just because the commenter was kissing my ass. (Well, not entirely because of that.)

Hey Butter Lover love your blog! I am in Suffolk County on LI as well and frequent many of the restaurants you named/rated. (PS I think you are hysterical but also insightful so I do take your blog seriously!) Two questions:(1) I purchased 2 fig trees, one Italian Everbearing and one Mission. I saw that you do grow some of your own produce and I wanted to know if you ever raised or maintained any fig trees. Mine are arriving within days. Any input would be appreciated.(2) If you want something different to rate or write about (or, yes, even poke fun at), I, my sister, ad my cousin are hosting a Great American Bake Sale on July 12 in Setauket, if you feel like dropping in. cousinsbakesale@gmail.com

Butter Lover: no, I don't know anything about fig trees. I would guess that, unless the trees are pretty big/mature, you'd have to wait a few years before they produce figs. But then what the hell do I know? I'll see if I can make it out to the bake sale.

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting our bake sale!
-The person who posted on your chives post.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I was reading more of your restaurant ratings and I was wondering if you ever tried The Country House (blend of classic American and new American) in Stony Brook, Mario (Italian with a large selection) in Hauppauge, or Casa Rustica (Southern Italian) in Smithtown? If so, any opinion on them?

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

I tried The Country House years ago (like 6 or 7 years ago) and hated it. I thought the decor was tacky and stupid and the food was not great. I remember having a mesclun salad mix with the entree (seared tuna, I think), and the salad had some rotten leaves in it.

I've been to Casa Rustica once or twice, but that was also years ago. It was good, but I don't think the menu was that interesting.

I haven't tried the other place.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
[url=http://2012earth.net/apocalypse_-_a_process_controlled.html
]global economic crisis 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home