Saturday, July 11, 2009

Review: Out of the Park Burgers



Went to the Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick concert at Jones Beach the other day, which was great. For a pre-concert meal we hit Out of the Park Burgers in Central Islip. I guess the idea of this place is that you get food there and take it to Citibank Park for a Ducks game. They put all the food in brown paper bags.

The food is average and overpriced. Like Bobby Flay's burger place they sell everything separately so they can bend you over and screw you. A single burger with cheese is $2.99. A double with cheese is $3.99. Fries are $1.99 (I think) and onion rings are $2.49. You have to ask for ketchup, which they hide in little plastic containers behind the counter.

The burgers are OK. The onion rings are crunchy but bland (and there aren't many). The chicken sandwiches are decent. The wings ($4.99) suck. The menu is pretty basic. Besides the stuff I mentioned, there are hot dogs, chipotle burgers, a couple salads.

The food isn't terrible (over all), but there isn't much for the price. We all ate our food, which was $28 and change for 3 of us, then asked each other "Did we just eat?" Because it sure didn't feel like it. So we spent another $28 or something for a second round and finally got filled up.

I think the building used to be a Starbucks. So there isn't a lot of room to sit inside. There are a couple tables outside. But, again, I think the idea is you take the food to a game.

Pics:


One round of food


Interior shot

Postscript. The concert was awesome. I took some pics and videos just for memories. But in the middle of Hysteria one of the loser event staff told me to put my phone away (not like a thousand other people weren't doing the same thing). Yeah, I'm gonna sell my short, crappy cell-phone videos for a million bucks. So just for that I'm posting a video of Poison singing Fallen Angel:



2 1/2 out of 5 stars (for fast food)

Out of the Park Burgers
(What I'm calling the) Target Shopping Center on Carleton Avenue
Central Islip, NY

Labels:

22 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awsome reasonably price cooked to order fresh homemade fries

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fire grilled burgers and grilled chicken
They make it to order any way you like
fries are the best around
cheap to

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

Is that some kind of long haiku? I do like the burgers and fries, but, no, it's not cheap for what you get.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooo expensive and greasy!! save your money and go to checkers down the road

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

Agreed. Checkers is also kinda pricy, but it is A LOT better.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you like frozen crap listen to butter bean its fresh and delicious

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the grilled chicken sandwich, the salad with grilled chicken, the burgers and the homemade frenchfries. All of them were very freshly made, hot off the grill and tasted GREAT! The staff is very nice and friendly and I must say I have gone out of my way to stop there. It is nice to have a new place in this area to choose from.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burger fries drink around 6.50
great price
freshly made great fries

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best fries everrrr!!!

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That place is terrible eating now and wondering where to send my complaint

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow finally Sombody brought something good & Fresh to this area

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

This is the problem with allowing anonymous posting. Suddenly there is a rash of gushing reviews of this place. I hope they are genuine.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just had a dog w/ cole slaw pickles jalepenos & mustard on it best dog ive had in a while

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best deal & burger ive had in a while one dollar burgers monday, tuesday, & wednesday

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this place a lot. My husband stops on his way home from work to pick up dinner from here. I love the relish burger!

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try the eating challenge " eat for the cycle"

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Marty said...

I got a double of the wings the other day, and I thought they were good. The burger aren't bad either.Not a bad place over-all.

Marty

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your receipt.....ordered a Value Meal and was overcharged $1.00 from price posted. They break out the fries and drink, so if you don't add up the two figures, they've got ya.
Brought it there attention but the cashier couldn't grasp the idea of basic addition.
Sorry Out the Park, won't be back.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Fred & Family said...

I ate there with my family and we all hated it. Place is small and the kids making the food have no idea how to prepare food. There idea of cooking is to grease up everything and then slide it in those small wrappers. You get tiny amounts of meat taste funny & not fresh at all. We all had stomach aches & diarrhea that smelled like there food. Never would go there again & would recommend the health department investigate them. I filed a complaint with them to see what there doing with there food & we got sick.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idk if your thinking of the right place considering I could see the burgers being made and they all looked pink meaning fresh as you can get. Also your whole family getting sick? If it was the food I'm quite sure there would be more people sick I doubt the food would just target you? Being that my experience was great I spent about 8$ for a burger with a bunch of stuff on it fries and a med drink about the same as a McDonald's meal but the fries were real you see the boxes of potatoes they use to make them and the burgers are 1/4 pound it was very good

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 percent better than Mac and burger king I always go there or send someone to pick my food it's hot and fresh all the time. I loved the Cajun fries lot

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating here now and was so suprised how expensive it is. It is 8.47 for a small cheeseburger meal. I came here because i thought it was 2fer tuesdays. It is not. We also ordered grilled chicken sandwich. The burger is definitely a frozen patty, like the ones you get from school, and the chicken was off, like weird consistency when i bite it. Idk not worth the money at all!! I cannot believe that any of these good reviews are written by anyone that is not tied to this place. Never again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home