Friday, February 10, 2006

Shout Out to the Red Door!

Do the kids still say "shout out"? Anyway, the Roasted Chicken Breasts with Fennel, Sausage, and Focaccia Stuffing from the Red Door way out in the hamlet of Mattituck (Town of Southold) are featured in this month's R.S.V.P. section of Bon Appetit. Haven't gotten out there myself yet, but I've heard good things.

Also in this month's Bon Appetit, Christian Kelly, a chef in the Charlottesville area, lists his favorite local spots. Either most of these places are new, or I overlooked them during my time there. Surprisingly, his favorite market is something called "Main Street Market." I would have said "Foods of All Nations," a wonderful little shop with, inter alia, great home-made salads. I haven't found anything like it on Long Island.

The only place I recognize is "The White Spot," which, if I recall, is some shabby, little dive on "the Corner." I mean, most of the restaurants on the Corner serve diner-quality food, but this place looked like a hangout for alcoholics or something.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Butter Lover said...

I wouldn't necessarily call this blog inquisitive. I'd call it immature, offensive, and possibly the biggest waste of data in all of cyberspace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home