Monday, June 27, 2005

Anticipating Mediocrity

Of course the geniuses at the Food Network got rid of the best contestant for the Next Food Network Star, Hans. (By the way, getting a show makes you, per se, a "star"?) But at least the voters were smart enough to choose the two guys over Deborah, the "personal celebrity chef."

And did you like Debbie's line when she was asked what she was thinking, just before they revealed the contest winner: "I'm anticipating greatness." Uhh... okay. You should have been anticipating whether you can pay for the bus fare back to your apartment.

And that line so clearly displayed why I couldn't stand her or the other woman. They are complete phonies. At least the other one knew how to cook. Throughout the contest Deborah looked like she was piloting the USS Clueless. On her little talk-show demo she ignored pork chops burning on the grill. Yet they kept her???

I'm sure the main force behind keeping her was that hideously ugly VP of marketing or whatever she was. She would always say how Debbie had a great personality. She probably can't heat up a Lean Cuisine, but so what??? Look at that personality. Ugh.

This explains a lot of what's been happening at the Food Network over the last few years.

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

WOW , This is interesting, I've been looking around to get some ideas for our blog. Haven't started yet. I'm hoping you can give some advise. Here's my topic and website. Please take a look.

fireworks on long island . It pretty much covers fireworks on long island related stuff.

Can you check it out and if you can suggest something I would love to hear your comments. :-)

Best regards,

Lonny

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

I am looking around many blogs to see how and what to write about. I like what you have here and was wondering if you can help me out. I know that this is not on the subject you are talking about, but any help would be appreciated.

I was thinking of writing about long island macarthur airport What do you think? Check the site and let me know.

Best regards,

Lon

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

I am looking around many blogs to see how and what to write about. I like what you have here and was wondering if you can help me out. I know that this is not on the subject you are talking about, but any help would be appreciated.

I was thinking of writing about multiple listing long island What do you think? Check the site and let me know.

Best regards,

Lon

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

This is interesting, I've been looking around to get some ideas for our blog. Haven't started yet. I'm hoping you can give some advise. Here's my topic and website. Please take a look.

maps of long island ny . It pretty much covers maps of long island ny related stuff.

Come and check it out and if you can suggest something I would love to hear your advice :-)

Best regards,

Lonny

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

I just browsing through some blogs to get some ideas for mine, I hope you don't mind. I would like your opinion because you have a great blog here!

I wish to start writing about long island catering halls What do you think?

Come and check out my site let me know if you think my topic would spark an interest.

Best regards,

Lonny

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Butter lover,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How to manage and overcome your anger effectively.
How decoding body language can save your relationship.
The most commonly practiced body language.
How to react properly if your spouse is silent and in a bad mood.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including long island wedding halls at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home