Friday, April 16, 2010

Review: Mama Mia's Pizzeria


She called me Fred. "She" being the somewhat attractive but ditzy blonde who's always behind the counter at Mama Mia's when I go in. "Fred" is what she said the other night when I picked up some rigatoni bolognese--"Fred, your dinner's ready."

My name is not Fred.

Mama Mia's is in a crappy strip mall on Johnson Avenue in Ronkonkoma, filled with giant car-swallowing potholes. Some locals told me they love the place, so I gave it a try. The pizza is decent. Average Long Island size. $13.00 after tax.

Someone also told me they like the spaghetti with meat sauce. I didn't see spaghetti with meat sauce on the menu. The closest thing was rigatoni bolognese, which tasted like cheeseburger Hamburger Helper. No joke. That was $10.85 after tax. BTW, there are no prices on the menu above the counter.

Verdict: would have given it an average rating for the pizza. The Fred thing earns it a 0.

She called me Fred
Which she shouldn't a said.
The review is now dead
Like a shot in the head.

Mama Mia's Pizzeria
892 Johnson Ave.
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is a jerk

Upset like a little girl over a name

Man up a little......FRED

 

Post a Comment

<< Home