Monday, December 06, 2021

It's been a little bit since I posted

Hey, hope everyone is doing well. Uncle Covid seems to keep hanging around and probably will for the foreseeable future. Booster now, and then booster in a few months, and then the next booster. That stinks. Yes I'm fully vaxxed. 

The first restaurant I went to/dined in since Uncle Covid arrived was Red Lobster. On the South Service Road, near Ronkonkoma. A while ago. It was 4 PM-ish on a Friday. There was almost no one there. Is that the story elsewhere on Long Island? I saw a tweet that around 750,000 jobs in the industry were still unfilled as opposed to pre-pandemic. I saw our waitress seemed bored most of the time and was yakking it up with the bartender most of the time. Whatever, no dig at the waitress or Red Lobster (the food was mediocre/sub-par at best--there's my food rating), but are restaurants going to deal with this nonsense for years? 

One thing I've discovered on YouTube since the last 4+ (face palm) years I've posted (thanks, Yelp, a website full of morons, telling us their moronic opinions on food and killing food blogs) are competitive eating folks. Why do I want to watch people stuff their mouths with pounds of food in 10 minutes or an hour? I don't know. But they're worth checking out. Too many good ones to name. I'd wave the white flag after about 5 minutes. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home