Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Time for another post I guess

I took a nap and woke up, and it looks like about a year has passed since I wrote my last post. So I guess it's time for my yearly update!

Okay, so, yeah, definitely things like Yelp and Google reviews and other things killed the short-lived food blog era.

Here's the thing, though. The people who post on Yelp and in Google reviews are IDIOTS. They are idiots! Their opinions are stupid and terrible, and they are terrible people.

And remember, this blog started because idiots would post on AOL about restaurants that I had been to, and these people were clearly stupid and had no idea what was good food and what was garbage. I would post on those web pages, and tell the people how stupid they were, and I think my comments got deleted or something, I don't know. Screw them. So I was like I'm going to create a website and set people straight!

So I got in early in the food blogging days. But with the rise of Yelp, blah, blah, the food bloggers lost their influence.

One of the first was kipblog or something, which went from blogging to just a list of food bloggers. One was the amateur gourmet, who apparently had some small fame for a short time and now does whatever. There was a french chick. I don't know what happened to her.

Anyway, where are we in 2017? We are back to the same awful place we were back in the early 2000's, with idiots posting their stupid opinions for consumption by the gullible masses. We have traveled a full, cruel, merciless circle of culinary stupidity.

I weep.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are a few hidden gems? Where are the right places to go to that folks don't really find out about?
Buswanga, Coron in the Philippines. Fast City, SD (I understand that is probably not a concealed gem,
but many people avoid it at risk of Rushmore or Sturgis).
Much of New Mexico. They are many areas. To advertise them
means they are no longer the special not really well known place.
What is it you truly want to discover and perform
when away for an experience/ Explore historical stuff, hike in a rainfall forest,
explore some local artisans shops, enjoy the surf, maybe proceed cliff diving or just ride a scenic train in one
place to the next. Only you can decide what the hidden gems are that you should experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbMZYj1...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home