Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Review: Joe's Pizza

I think I'll undertake to review as many of the pizza places in Suffolk County as I can. But I'll have to adopt a pizza-rating system, considering that even the best pizza can't compete with, say, a good meal at one of the island's top restaurants. I'll keep the 5-star framework, however, and won't be as stingy about handing out 5 stars.

Joe's is my favorite local pizza place, and maybe the best I've had on the island to this point. The cheese and the sauce are good, but what makes the pizzas special is that the crust is light, surprisingly light. You could knock off three slices (or I could, anyway) and hardly notice. There are also little nubs around the outer crust that are interesting. I suspect they are bread crumbs, but haven't determined for sure.

My only complaint about the pizza is that the quality tends to vary. For instance, depending on who's doing the cooking, the pizzas can be burned on the bottom.

Joe's also offers the other, usual dishes, typical of Long Island pizza places, but to the extent I've had them, I wouldn't bother. At one point he had chicken wings, but the price was outrageous. I'd just stick to the pizza.

4 out of 5 stars.

Joe's Pizza
871 Connetquot Ave.
Islip Terrace, NY 11752

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home